In today’s saturated industry, finding a winery that provides custom grape to bottle service, still based on an old-fashioned commitment to quality, is getting difficult.
And yet, Owl Ridge Wine Services (ORWS) in Sebastopol, CA has been doing exactly that since 2004.
In addition to creating award-winning wines under the Owl Ridge brand, ORWS leverages its facility and well-established winemaking network to provide comprehensive custom crush, bottling and private label wine services to its customers throughout all three tiers of the beverage distribution system.
It works three ways.
1. Custom Crush: Grape to Bottle
Clients supply grapes, barrels and a winemaking protocol; Owl Ridge provides the specialized equipment, skilled cellar team, lab services and record-keeping. Each client has the ability to guide the winemaking process from harvest to bottling in a friendly and professional environment.
Making wine at ORWS includes:
- Small and medium lot capability
- A fully equipped laboratory
- Basket and bladder presses
- 83 tanks ranging from 250 gallons to 6000 gallons
- Open top fermenters ranging from 5 tons to 8.5 tons
- Hot and cold glycol system for tanks
- Temperature and humidity-controlled barrel storage
“There’s not just a commitment to quality during the long days of harvest, but all the way through the bottling process,” asserts ORWS General Manager John Tierney. “Owl Ridge provides a modern, well equipped winery, with an experienced staff – allowing winemakers to achieve their goals.”
2. Premium Bottling Services: A Complete Service
ORWS has recently upgraded its bottling line to offer professional-grade services that are open to mid and large-sized bottling runs. ORWS’ premium bottling services include:
- Multi-format bottle capability – 375mL to larger formats
- Blending, stability and filtration done in-house
- Screw cap and cork finish
- Full sanitation and record-keeping
- Rigorous QC program
- Flexible packaging options
- Competitive rates
- Flexible scheduling
“It’s a tight-knit group of thoughtful people, committed to quality,” reports Tierney. “We work hand in hand with the winemakers. If there is an opportunity to improve something, people take it to heart and fix the issue. It’s a really good environment to be a part of.”
3. Private Label Winemaking: Your Label on Custom-Made Wine
Distributors, multi-state chain stores, wine clubs, music events and restaurants have all benefitted from ORWS’ Private Label Winemaking services – and have gone on to receive numerous accolades and awards as a result.
Under the ORWS’ Private Label Winemaking program, premium wines are sourced and packaged to the client’s exacting specifications, with consistent quality vintage after vintage.
- Use of a client’s own label or an approved ORWS design
- Review-worthy wines at each pricing tier
- A range of packaging options from budget to premium
- All varietals in all California regions – and beyond
- A competent, knowledgeable staff to guide clients throughout all phases of project fulfillment
“We consistently provide clients with wines which over-deliver at their price,” affirms Joe Otos, winemaker and private label program manager. “There’s a streak of creativity that runs through this company – and the expertise and connections to make sure we get it right. It’s a testament to how committed we are to the end product.”
We’ll leave the last words to one of Owl Ridge’s long-time crush and bottling clients, Simone Sequeira, the Associate Winemaker at prestigious La Follette Wines. Simone sums it up like this, “The Owl Ridge team has genuine respect for both the wine and the people. I think that’s at the heart of great service, and it’s what sets them apart.”
The friendly ORWS team would love to meet you to discuss your custom crush, bottling and private label needs. For more information, contact details and to get on Owl Ridge Wine Services’ winemaking schedule, please go to www.owlridgews.com.